Noxious Weeds


The Noxious Weed Department is a local county branch of government established to enforce the Kansas Noxious Weed Law (KSA 2-1314) within the boundaries of Dickinson County. The Noxious Weed Department works closely with the Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) to provide the most current information available on noxious weeds and how to control them. Personnel within this department research and promote the most economical herbicide or cultural control methods for our area, climate, and conditions to provide recommendations to landowners in the control of noxious weeds on their properties. Additionally, the Dickinson County Noxious Weed Department treats all noxious weeds found on county owned or maintained properties. 

Contact Information

Office Location

Our office is located just a quarter mile south of I-70 at 2363 Jeep Road, Abilene, KS 67410 . (Click Here for a Map)

Hours of Operation

Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. 

Herbicides may be purchased from March 1 to November 1, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Phone Number

You may reach our department via phone at 785-263-4780. Please be advised that the call will be answered by the Department of Environmental Services.


Derek Norrick
Sarah Somrak
Office Manager

Services Provided

General Services

  • Cost-sharing on herbicides for noxious weed control
  • Herbicide use recommendations
  • Equipment rental (Field sprayers)
  • Hay and feed inspection
  • Field inspection
  • Weed free forage inspection

Educational Services

  • Weed identification
  • Weed control methods
  • Herbicide use