Personal property is defined as, "That property which is not a part of or a fixture to land or improvements in that it can be moved without damage to itself or the real property."
First time filers, especially businesses, are encouraged to contact our office for assistance. This can save both the property owner and the county time. You may print a rendition
to be completed and placed in the mail.
Every person or business who owns or holds tangible personal property shall list said property for assessment. Kansas Statutes state that the filing deadline is March 15 of each year. Assessment sheets are mailed, as a courtesy, each January to owners who currently list items of personal property. Be sure and contact our office immediately if you do not receive an assessment sheet and feel you should have. Our phone number for Personal Property questions is (785) 263-4418.
Items to be Reported
- Boats, boat motors, boat trailers and boat cradles
- Business machinery & equipment
- Cars, trucks, pickups and motorcycles with expired tags
- Construction equipment
- Flatbed and utility trailers
- Manufactured homes that are not considered Real Property
- Mopeds, 3- and 4-wheelers, snowmobiles, golf carts and dune buggies
- Pulling tractors & race cars
- Travel trailers, camping trailers & fifth-wheelers that are not self-contained
- Trucks and pickups tagged 16,000 pounds or more