Motor Vehicle

  1. Renewals
  2. Insurance
  3. Tags
  4. Title

Renewal notices are mailed out as courtesy reminders 6 weeks prior to the expiration date of the license plate. They are not forwarded to address changes.

If you have sold your vehicle within 3 months before your renewal month, then your old vehicle may still be on the renewal notice. If that's the case, you need to inform us that the vehicle has been sold and it will fall off next year. 

If you have bought a new vehicle and transferred the plate within the past 3 months, then it may not be on the renewal notice. Bring in the plate number and we can make sure the correct vehicle is getting renewed.

If you have not received a renewal notice, then you can bring your registrations or your plate numbers with the insurance and we can get those renewed.

Kansas Vehicle Property Tax Check

Visit the Kansas Department of Revenue Property Check page

Motor Vehicle

The Dickinson County Treasurer's Office is an agent of the State of Kansas for registering and titling motor vehicles. We issue license plates upon receipt of proper documentation and submission of the correct fees. The fees include registration fees, personal property taxes, title fees and sales tax, if applicable.

Resources & Links

Kansas Department of Revenue - Vehicle Information